An (incomplete) list of talks – contact me if you want something you don’t see here.
- CYBERSECURITY 2020 AND BEYOND?, Keynote at the International Telecommunications Networks and Applications Conference (ITNAC), 2018, Sydney, Nov. 2018 [PDF]
- ACEMS Introducing Julia Workshop, ACEMS Retreat, Oct/Nov 2017
- The 10 Commandments of Internet Measurement, Passive and Active Measurements Keynote, Sydney, Australia, March 20th, 2017 [PDF]
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Traffic Matrices, TMA PhD School, Louvain La Neuve, Belgium, April 2016 [PDF]
- Lies, Damn Lies, and Internet Measurements, TMA, Louvain La Neuve, Belgium, April 2016 [PDF]
- Graphs and their applications to network modelling, Teacher Professional Development Day, Adelaide, July, 2013 [PDF]
- The Mighty, Mighty Log, MegaMaths, Adelaide, April, 2013 [PDF]
- The Great Big Jellyfish, Australian Maths Competition, Adelaide, November 12th, 2012 [PDF]
- The Game of Life, Mathsearch, Adelaide, September 21st, 2012 [Handout] [Notes] [phi.mc] [pi.mc]
- How to Share a Secret, Mathsearch, Adelaide, September 20th, 2012 [Slides] [Handout]
- Makerbot maths: Adelaide, Oct 13th, 2011, [Slides].
- Euler's Identity, School Maths Competition Talk, Adelaide, June 8th, 2011. [Slides]
- The Internet Has Come of Age?,TSA talk,
Adelaide, November 21st, 2006.
- Another version was presented at SAGE-AU, January, 2007
- How to Share a Secret,MASA PD day, Adelaide, November 20th, 2006. [Slides]
- Privacy Preserving Distance-Vector Routing, Matthew Roughan, Yin Zhang, Olaf Maennel and Miro Kraetzl Clean Slate Networks Workshop, Cambridge, UK, Sept.18, 2006. [Slides]
- Secure distributed data-mining and its application to large-scale network measurements, Matthew Roughan and Yin Zhang, Google, 36 (1), pp.7-14, January 2006. [CCR paper] [Slides] [Google movie]
- Traffic Classification: a practical perspective, Matthew Roughan, ACM SIGCOMM MineNet-2006 Panel, Pisa, Italy, September 2006. [Slides]
- Privacy-Preserving Performance Measurements, Matthew Roughan and Yin Zhang, ACM SIGCOMM MineNet-2006, Pisa, Italy, September 2006. [Paper] [Slides]
- Network Anomography, Yin Zhang, Zihui Ge, Albert
Greenberg, Matthew Roughan, ACM/Usenix Internet Measurement
Conference, Berkeley, CA, USA, 2005.
Version of the work were also presented at
- ACM Sigmetrics LSNI Workshop, Banff, Canada, June 2004
- IntelLab, Cambridge, June 2005
- INFORMS, Hong Kong, June 2006
- NetTomo-III, Sunnyvale, California, July 2006
- AusCTW, Adelaide, Feb, 2007
- Fundamental Bounds on the Accuracy of Network Performance
Measurements, Matthew Roughan, in
ACM SIGMETRICS, Banff, Canada, June 2005.
Versions of the work were also presented at
- AT&T, July 2004
- IntelLab, Cambridge, July 2004
- EPFL Summer School, Switzerland, July 2004.
- Statistical Research Center for Complex System (SRCCS), Workshop on Internet Measurement, Modeling, and Analysis, Seoul, Korea, January 2005.
- First Order Characterization of Internet Traffic Matrices,Matthew Roughan, invited paper at the 55th Session of the International Statistics Institute}, Sydney, Australia, April, 2005. [PDF tech report] [CCR Paper] [Slides]